Thursday, January 06, 2005

 

Teaching English

I am moved to write this blog because I feel the need to share my experiences with the world. I am a new teacher of English working in China. This may seem quite normal but believe me it is not. It may seem quite normal to Catholics out there but for me, a heathen, I am learning new things everyday due to the fact that this school is a throw back to the 1950's and is run by a Nun.

I had not attended Mass before starting this job. These days I have to stand up and sit down with the the students and generally listen in utter confusion to the Priest who appears to be doing something with a popudom and some Ribina?

Can anyone throw some light on this for me, a complete sinner?



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?