Thursday, January 06, 2005

 

Dress code crimes

As this is my first full time job for a while I treated myself to a few new outfits so that I could start the term smart, yet trendy. Modern in a sophisticated and teacherly way! Little did I know this school has a dress code which dates back to the 50's. I couldn't believe it. No trousers for female members of staff unless the temperature drops to below 11C (it does sometimes). I did not wear trousers on my first day but did fail to meet the criteria of the dress code in that M&S had designed my dress to show a slight bit of cleavage as well as a pair of shoes which did not have any backs in them, therefore, showing my .........wait for it.....don't get too excited.......heels!

How foolish of me not to realize that showing the back of my heel was against the rules.

I was not spoken to individually about these misdemeanors, instead it was brought up at the induction meeting of new staff where the deputy head went through the dress code. When he got to the bit about 'no shoes without backs' and 'no low cut necklines' he looked directly at me. I felt my cheeks colour up!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?